terça-feira, 19 de julho de 2011

Learning to love you more

(Assignment #27 Take a picture of the sun/ MARB/ Boston, Massachusetts USA)


Conheci hoje, por meio do instante posterior, o projeto Learning to Love You More, projeto que durante sete anos (de 2002 a 2009) teve como principal objetivo promover tarefas que levavam pessoas comuns a amenizar o ritmo frenético da vida a fim de refletir sobre os prazeres simples e, consequentemente, sobre a vida em si.

As tarefas consistem em itens como recriar um objeto do passado de alguém, dizer adeus, aconselhar a você mesmo no passado, tirar uma fotografia do sol e muito mais. As expressões variam da escrita ao vídeo, passando por podcasts e fotografias, por exemplo. O principal objetivo é conectar-se consigo mesmo por meio desses exercícios e, assim, reavaliar certos aspectos da vida.

Tudo isso está compilado no site learnig to love you more que, apesar de não estar mais recebendo tarefas e registros, continua expondo o material acumulado no decorrer desses sete anos. Mais de oito mil pessoas participaram da atividade e a iniciativa continua inspirando outros interessados ainda hoje. Caso do próprio Bruno Medina, responsável pelo já citado instante posterior. A proposta dele consiste em compilar fotografias tiradas no dia mais feliz da vida de quem decidir participar e, assim, continuar estimulando momentos de reflexão. Os interessados devem mandar as fotos para o e-mail instanteposterior@gmail.com.

Iniciativas como essas são importantes para nos lembrar de que a correria do cotidiano precisa mesmo de momentos mais tranquilos.

Do Learnig to love you more :

(Assignment #5
Recreate an object from someone's past: "Tommy Sedita"/ Kate Kibby/ Houston, Texas/Minneapolis, Minnesota)


*

(Assignment #27 Take a picture of the sun/ MARB/ Boston, Massachusetts USA)

*

Assignment #53 - Give advice to yourself in the past/ Anna/ Allston, Massachusetts USA:

Anna at age 13
1. That boy that you think you're in love with is gay.
Anna at age 15
2. Stop thinking about Scott so much and enjoy your time in Colombia. It is a beautiful country with beautiful people and you don't need to be so depressed. Love your family and don't be so self-destructive.
3. Oh, and don't get that tramp stamp of the sacred heart of Jesus. You will regret it.
Anna at age 16
4. Even though you think you don't want to be Jon's girlfriend, you should have treated him better. What you did was really stupid.
Anna at age 18
5. Cheating was REALLY stupid. Don't ever do that again.
Anna at age 19
6. Even if you think you're not going to your ideal college, you will.
Anna at age 20
7. Living situations will change.
Anna at age 21
8. Even though you went crazy in India, it changed your life. Accept it and learn to let go.
9. And even if you think you don't need it, stay on your medication.

*

(Assignment #55 Photograph a significant outfit.):

"This is what I was wearing when I realized who I really am. When I realized how long I have been living my life wrong. When I realized how much I deeply enjoy how it feels when I write. When I realized how happy I am when I draw. When I realized how at peace I am when I take pictures each time I've stopped and enjoyed the profound beauty of everyday moments. When I realized that no matter how hard I've tried, I still love him, and that's ok. When I realized how good it feels to finally let myself have a loud and body-heaving cry. When for the first time in my life, I wasn't afraid of being myself. When I finally understood what love is because I could finally love myself. When I realized just how beautiful my life is and how humbling it is to not have appreciated it until today. This is what I was wearing the day I got my life back."
Jenna Lerch
Chesterfield, Virginia USA

*


Agora? A fine frenzy.

Nenhum comentário: